Assignment 1: Enumeration of Information
During the enumeration process, hackers are trying to learn more about the actual system and the information contained within the computer systems.
On the basis of information from the course textbook, answer the following questions:
- What information are hackers trying to obtain through the enumeration process?
- Why is this data so valuable to hackers?
- What are the safety measures that organizations can implement to protect this information?
Note: Your response should rely upon at least two sources from professional literature—articles from peer-reviewed journals and relevant textbooks. Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
By Week 3, Day 3, in a minimum of 250 words, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Week 3, Day 7, review and comment on at least two of your peers’ responses. Consider the following in your response:
- Provide a statement of clarification or a point of view with rationale.
- Challenge a point of discussion or draw a relationship between two or more points of the discussion.
Discussion Grading Criteria and Rubric
All discussion assignments in this course will be graded using a rubric. This assignment is worth 40 points. Download the discussion rubric and carefully read it to understand the expectations.