Imagine yourself as just being appointed the Chief Patient Experience Officer of your hospital. You have been charged by the board and CEO of the hospital to create a new systems approach for the hospital that will meet the patient’s needs, priorities and expectations in a manner that exemplifies the values of respect, compassion, justice, and community pride.
Your plan should include:
- A method of determining who the customer is.
- What the customer wants.
- How the hospital will meet those needs and desires.
- How you will measure customer satisfaction.
- The data capture modalities you will use, such as qualitative or quantitative methods to obtain the information.
- How you will communicate the results of this new program to the world.
Create a PowerPoint® presentation at least 15-20 slides in length that discusses your planned proposal. Each process should be outlined in 2–4 slides. Include detailed speaker’s notes that describe your program, which should include your answers to the questions below. Be sure to include references and citations from at least five sources. Your PowerPoint presentation needs to be visually appealing, to catch your audience’s attention, as your goal is to promote your program to the health care organization groups and people attending.
- Outline the current customer experience efforts and how these efforts could be improved with an organized effort.
- Explain how Affordable Care Act provides financial incentives in the form of performance-based bonuses or penalties based on the efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction with hospital services.
- Thoroughly analyze how your new systems approach for the hospital will satisfy all stakeholders and how we will improve results, measure success, and communicate the results to the world? Provide a step-by-step plan for implementation of your proposal.
- Describe how the new systems approach for the hospital will meet the patient’s needs, priorities and expectations in a manner that exemplifies the values of respect, compassion, justice, and community pride in the hospital.
This project will be presented in PowerPoint style, as you will be submitting your proposal to this group of hospital employees, board members, and interested citizens and groups.