Selecting the right person for an open position requires an analysis of all of the aspects of an applicant, including his or her past experience (knowledge, skills, and education), his or her application and resume, and the interview responses.
As a human resources recruiter, discuss with the hiring managers the importance of selecting the best candidates in your industry for the positions listed below. Be sure to consider matching the needs and culture of the organization. You may use the Career Services interviewing section to assist you with your project. Create a PowerPoint presentation of at least 5 slides with 100 words speaker notes each slide that addresses the following:
- Discuss the process for developing interview questions for an hourly position (e.g., a receptionist, data entry operator, customer service representative, etc.) and a specialist position (e.g., a technician, chef, nurse, foreman, accountant, engineer, librarian, etc.), and be sure to include the steps for determining appropriate questions.
- Discuss the 3 types of interviews, and give examples of each type.
- Develop a total of 8 interview questions (4 questions per position), develop the question responses, and explain what you would be looking for with each answer.
- Provide a mixture of behavioral and technical questions that you believe are the most important.
4 PowerPoint slides in length with at least 200 words of speaker notes PER slide, and it should include the following details:
- How does the HR department support the organization’s competitiveness by maintaining a highly skilled and motivated workforce through training and development?
- Discuss the tactics that companies can use to ensure that they retain highly qualified employees through no-cost and low-cost compensation, training, and development.